The holiday season can be a difficult time for people looking to enjoy a non-alcoholic celebration. Rather than forgo the festivities, try one, or more, of the following drinks. Your guests will never miss the alcohol and all will enjoy a safe and alcoholic-free celebration.
- Mix 3 cups of water and 1/4 cup minced ginger in a small pan and boil for two minutes then turn off the heat and let sit for fifteen minutes.
- Strain and add 1/4 cup each of honey, molasses and cider vinegar. Add 3/4 cups lemon juice.
- Finally, add six more cups of water to the mixture and chill overnight.
- Thaw four ten ounce packages of frozen raspberries and cook (with juice) for ten minutes. Strain the seeds.
- Add one six ounce can of frozen lemonade concentrate and mix well.
- Right before serving, add one two-liter bottle of ginger ale to the mix.
- Boil seven cups of water.
- Pour four cups over two tablespoons of lavender buds and three cups over 1/2 cup of sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar. Allow lavender buds to steep in water for fifteen minutes and strain into sugar mixture.
- Add the juice of three lemons and ice.
- Gather three whole cardamoms, eight whole cloves, one cinnamon stick and the peel from one orange. Tie them in a cheese cloth.
- Place in three cups of water and bring to a boil then allow to simmer ten minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of raisins and 1/2 cup slivered almonds and continue simmering for another ten minutes.
- Add seven cups of dark red grape juice and bring pot to a boil. Turn off. Stir and chill with spice bag still included.
- When ready to serve, remove spice bag and provide honey for sweetener.